In a year more than three hundred bus accidents and cargo vans occur which are fatal. The victim can be you yourself or any of your loved ones who gets badly injured or even killed. In that case, the victim or the family of the victim is entitled to compensation for the loss. A serious bus accident can be very traumatic and can be challenging both physically and mentally. In this case, it is recommended to hire an experienced attorney who can get the victim all the compensation deserved by him under the law.
Why does one need a bus crash attorney ?
Lawsuits for bus accidents are very complex as there are a lot of procedures and codes involved in it. It is very imperative to hire an experienced lawyer so that the case is approached in a systematic manner. An attorney who specializes in cases related to bus accidents can help the victim to obtain the compensation.
The process of filing a case of bus crash
The bus crash attorney walks the client through the process of filing the case for personal injury claim related to a bus accident.
• A thorough investigation is conducted of the accident to determine what caused the injury.
• The lawyers work with professionals to build pictures of the accident which led to the injury.
• The attorneys evaluate the case and assess the loss suffered by the victim.
• Attorneys who have worked on cases similar to the accident caused to the victim should be chosen.
The different types of bus accidents
• On local mass transit carriers
• School bus
• Charter bus tours
• Sightseeing bus
• Greyhound and Megabus
• Shuttle bus
• Other interstate passenger buses
The different causes of bus crash
• Negligence of bus driver- Driving while distracted and drowsy and not following the traffic rules can contribute to accidents
• Improper maintenance of bus- It is the responsibility of the bus owner to keep the vehicle well maintained.
• Outdated equipment in the bus- the bus owner must also replace outdated equipment with the latest ones.
• Untrained driver- The training of the driver is important to ensure safe driving.
• Brake failure- If the brakes are not well maintained then it can lead to accidents.
• Poor weather conditions- Bad weather conditions can also contribute to accidents.
Things a victim of bus accidents must do
• The first and foremost thing is the health of the victim. It is very important to take care of the health of the victim. He/she should get the proper medication.
• Gather as many information as possible regarding the accident.
• Meet a bus crash attorney to file a case for compensation.
• A copy of the police report to be obtained from the police.
People who can file a bus crash injury claim
• The bus driver or operator can file a suit as a part of worker’s compensation.
• The passengers of the bus.
• The pedestrians who got hit by the bus.
• The passenger or operator of a separate vehicle who got hit by the bus.
A bus accident can take a toll on a person physically, mentally and financially. Depending upon the type of case the person will have limited time to file a legal claim to get the compensation one deserves. Hence one must not hesitate to, seek medical attention and hire an experienced lawyer.